Kain Darkwind's Savage Tide
Major regions of interest and locations within them are listed below. Smaller scale locations within a settlement (e.g. a business or a neighborhood) should be linked via a settlement page rather than here.
Regions of Terra
The Amedio Jungle region
The Amedio region is part of The Flanaess
- The Azure Sea lies to the north.
- The smaller city of Cauldron lies about 75 miles inland from Sasserine.
- The mercantile port city of Sasserine, where the party’s adventures began.
- The Densac Gulf lies to the west.
- The Hellfurnaces mountain range lies along the Amedio’s western edge.
- Matreyus Lake is a freshwater lake of immense size deep within the jungle.
- The Olman Isles host remnants of the once-mighty Olman civilization.
- Ossington is an ancient settlement deep within the jungle.
- Sekorvia is the largest of the chain of islands known as the Pirate Isles.
- Scuttlecove, a port city located on Sekorvia, is the vile stronghold of the Crimson Fleet.
- Tamoachan is an ancient ruined Olman city-state lying on the eastern coast. The party explored it en route to the Isle of Dread.
- The Vohoun Ocean lies to the south.
The Darklands are the realms beneath Terra’s surface.
- Golismorga is an ancient ruined city in the upper reaches of Orv two miles beneath Thanaclan, built by the Aboleth and devastated in war with the Olman of the surface.
- Nar-Voth is the region of the Darklands closest to the surface world.
- Orv refers to the most isolated, most mysterious, and deepest regions of the Darklands.
- Sekamina, the middle regions of the Darklands, is the realm from whence most subterranean tales of adventure and exploration come.
The Flanaess (other)
- The Free City of Greyhawk is one of the largest cities of the Flanaess.
- The Fortress of Unknown Depths is a castle on the outskirts of Magepoint, home to the archmage Tenser.
- Keldon was a former town and the site of a notable battle. It is now a ruin after being sacked by Alfhild, Einar Sigurdsson, and the crew of the Snow Queen.
- Magepoint is a magical settlement of some renown not far from the Free City.
The Isle of Dread region
The Isle lies far to the south of the Amedio, within the Vohoun Ocean.
- Farshore is a colony upon the Isle developed by House Vanderboren, with significant assistance from the party.
- Fogmire was a demon-haunted shrine to Demogorgon, corrupting a region that the party passed through along the Isle’s eastern coast.
- The Seven Villages are seven more civilized Olman settlements upon the Isle’s southern peninsula: Tanaroa, Burowao, Dawa, Kirakuka, Mora, Panitube and Usi.
- The Temple of the Jaguar is a former stronghold of the Rakasta, now in ruins.
- Thanaclan, the mighty city of the Olman of old, is taboo and has yet to be explored.
- The Wall protects the Seven from the dangers of the Isle mainland.
- The Iron Wood is a mysterious frozen forest of grey-barked pine.
- Issedon, once a powerful human city defended against the North Wind by prismatic mages and potent dwarven rune magic, is now an undeath-haunted ruin buried beneath an immense glacier.
- Kolmsgate was a major walled port city. Einar and the Snow Queen were involved in its sack.
- Geirvirke is a small settlement and the childhood home of Einar Sigurdsson.
- Gulveig’s Tears refers to desolate, windswept shingle beaches on the shores of Thule, where gold-rich, frigid streams run down to the sea.
- Rhos Kurgan is a land of vast steppes to the east of the Mæsir realms.
- Volderholm is an economically and militarily powerful kingdom ruled by Kanulf Drakkensfyr from the city of the same name.
Planets, celestial bodies, and locations therein
Other locations, miscellaneous links, and unsorted articles
- Azlant was an ancient, mythic empire.
- Celene is an elven kingdom across the sea.
- The City of Brass is an unsorted settlement run by the efreeti.
- Diamond Lake is an unsorted settlement near the Free City.
- The Omniverse provides information about the campaign setting on a grand scale.
- Pashrita is an unsorted settlement in the realm of Goldfire, located upon Mount Celestia
- Redshore is an unsorted settlement.
- Zeyl was one of the Azlanti kingdoms.
Other Worlds (not to be confused with Alternate Worlds)
- Hell is the black, beating heart of Law and Evil in the multiverse.
- The Abyss is the endless (and, it is whispered, sentient) parade of horrors that embodies Chaos and Evil in the multiverse.
- Inshabiv is a mortal world locked in a life and death struggle with Phyrexia.
- Phyrexia is a hostile extraplanar reality associated with Hell.
- The Isle of the Ape is a demiplane created by Zagyg.
- Union is an extraplanar mercantile metropolis.